Translate

2008年9月20日 星期六

偷得浮生半日閒 -Durham






<我在河邊拍攝! >



It’s really fantastic that I have visited a fabulous cathedral in Durham, 15 minutes train from Newcastle. People might have seen Harry Potter movie. Before visiting Durham, I only remembered Durham is a really green, and lovely small town with a famous university, but my neighbor, Sadaf, an Iranian lady, told me that Durham Cathedral had been shot by Harry Potter.



We went to Durham in the afternoon. With the Student Discount Card, the round-trip ticket cost me 3.5 pounds. The rail-station to city center was 10 minutes walk. Because it was weekend, there were many people spending their time in this small town. We took leisure walk along the wobble roads to the riverside, bridges, weekend market and Cathedral. Next to cathedral is a Durham Castle. Actually, the Durham Castle in school year, it acts like a student houses. Besides being student houses, it is also acted like a hotel. The day we visited there, we encounter a weeding there. The gatekeeper told us if we would like to have a weeding in the castle, we had better marry a guy with connection with Durham University. Sadaf told me that it will be okay for me to transfer to Durham for my master degree. Somday, I may held my wedding here. I told her I won’t do that because I am considering marrying a rich man who graduated from Durham University.



Besides the castle, Cathedral is fantastic. It is really magnificent. I had to up my head all the time because the stained windows, the statues, the marble crafts are really amazing. It’s really hard to believe the Cathedral is almost 1000 years old because it is protected in a good condition. However, the castle is slightly older than it. Because the visitors are prohibited to take any photos inside so I only could show some photos I took outside. If people really want to take photo inside, you have to apply the permission from Durham Cathedral. Each person may charge 15 pounds but students could get discount by paying 7 pounds.



On the way back to Newcastle, Sadaf’s mother treated me a cup of iced latte because it was really pleasure to take a trip together. I sent a hand-made bracelet in return because she is a really friendly lady. I like to listen to their speaking. Listening to Persian is a really interesting experience because I found it’s really lovely and sweet. Persian sounds like two little girl having a talk.



PS:第一次聽到波斯話, 真得是很有趣! 以前老是聽到波斯, 波斯, 但是真正聽到波斯話真的很新鮮, 好像兩個小女孩在對話, 甜甜的! 頓時覺得日本話那種ㄋㄟ的感覺就虛掉了! 上次聽到瑞典話, 個人感覺是還頗難聽的! 







<Durham的小市中心!>







<重點是帥哥! 批著外套是Sadaf的媽, 背對鏡頭是Sadaf! >







<上塔OKAY, 五鎊交來! 不過, 參觀教堂是自由奉獻! >







<教堂外頭的長廊! 個人覺得比我去法國的凱維庸美多了!>








沒有留言:

張貼留言